Saturday, February 12, 2005

Lucky or smart?

There's a formula for creating good fortune in business. Bo Peabody says "lucky" things happen to entrepreneurs who start fundamentally innovative, morally compelling, and philosophically positive companies.

This is similar to what Buckminster Fuller found in his life years ago. In the book Critical Path he wrote:
I assumed that nature would "evaluate" my work as I went along. If I was doing what nature wanted done, and if I was doing it in promising ways, permitted by nature's principles, I would find my work being economically sustained - and vice versa, in which latter negative case I must quickly cease doing what I had been doing and seek logically alternative courses until I found the new course that nature signified her approval of by providing for its physical support.
He paid no attention to earning a living and found his life's needs "being unsolicitedly provided for by seemingly pure happenstance and always only 'in the nick of time'".

Do good work and you'll be rewarded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home